Alexis Stewart Reveals Shocking Details about Her Mogul Mom in New Tell-All Book
10:00 am, October 1st | by Amy Tennery
But at least 46-year-old Alexis Stewart, daughter of home living titan Martha Stewart, didn’t publish a tell-all book about her mom that profits off of her by printing humiliating details from her personal life. Oh, no, wait. That’s exactly what she’s just done.
Among the revelations in her new book, “Whateverland: Learning to Live Here,” as recounted by the Daily Mail:
– “Mother always peed with the door open.” Why do you need to tell people that? Just. Why.
– Stewart used to make Alexis wrap her own Christmas presents. (Okay, that’s pretty bad.)
– “Mother has a sign on all her doors to take your shoes off. For God’s sake! My mother’s dogs p— and s— on her rugs and she’s telling people to take their shoes off?” Yea, you know something else about Martha Stewart’s dogs? They have their own blog. And you and the rest of the world will take your damn shoes off whenever Martha Effing Stewart tells you to.
– “Maybe my mother had bra issues?” Not even going to touch that one.
– “She won’t let go of anything. She takes things from New York City, then puts them in her house in Westchester… In some weird way she thinks she’s saving money because she’s not wasting anything.” Yes, weird. So very peculiar, this don’t-throw-away-things-so-you-can-use-them-later-and-don’t-have-to-buy-more-stuff money-making scheme. How odd.
The book apparently comes out October 18, if you’re so inclined. One can only hope that the bulk of the book isn’t comprised of the awfulness that has thus far been leaked in the press. It’s not that Alexis has benefitted greatly from her mother’s fame (even though she has). Or that, you know, maybe Martha did her best. This is just sad.