Not Over Yet: Despite Claims, DSK Trial Isn’t Getting the Brush Off
10:08 am, July 5th | by Amy Tennery
A jaw-dropping story over at the New York Post this morning said that the Strauss-Kahn case is as good as over, citing sources who called a dismissal “a certainty.” But while the Post claims that prosecutors could drop charges within the next two weeks, Mogulite has been told on background that this isn’t the case. According to our source, prosecutors will continue on with the investigation, as they indicated on Friday when Strauss-Kahn was released from house arrest.
Of course, prosecutors still have an uphill battle ahead of them. New evidence uncovered late last week could discredit Strauss-Kahn’s accuser, with investigators claiming that they found inconsistencies in her story and uncovered evidence that she may have ties to organized crime.
As the Post’s source “at the center of the investigation” put it, many feel that “she is not to be believed in anything that comes out of her mouth.” If that is, in fact, the current state of affairs, things aren’t looking too good for the DA’s office.
But does that a dead case make? Apparently not.