How To Date A Career Woman
3:30 pm, February 13th | by Meredith Lepore
Since Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, we thought we would give you a little dating advice based on a recent Men’s Health column called “How to Date a Crazy-Busy Woman.” The article was based on a new survey from It’s Just Lunch, a personalized dating service for busy professionals. According to this new data, women are SUPER BUSY AND STUFF. They are so busy they sometimes have to cancel dates! But if you do manage to nab one of these busy ladies, here’s how to play it. We paraphrased a bit, because we’re SO BUSY and ON THE GO.
1) Do not make her sit on a stool. If possible find a restaurant, bar or conference center with tables. Women find it very difficult to sit on stools, especially if they are wearing a pencil skirt. How does Kelly Ripa do it?! Also steer clear of big boulders and beanbag chairs — those are third date seating situations.
2) Don’t try to give her any advice. That’s what Oprah is for.
3) Pretend you are on The Big Bang Theory. In case you hadn’t heard, nerds are cool now, especially smart ones. So get yourself some dark-rimmed glasses and comic books, because ever since Seth Cohen entered the universe it became acceptable to date men who have no upper body strength. Tell us about cool phone apps or how you can fix our computers. It’s not like we know anything about that stuff!
4) Don’t you dare suggest watching The Walking Dead. We may have an early Monday meeting and our Sunday night’s are also completely full. We have to watch Lena Dunham walk around naked for 29 minutes on Girls, plus there’s Downton Abbey.
5) There is a chance she might not be a robot so don’t treat her like one. Businesswomen are women too so treat them like humans and not robots, I guess? “Work won’t keep her warm at night,” says Patti Stanger of Bravo’s The Millionaire Matchmaker. “She wants to know you can give her something she can’t attain alone.” I mean that’s true, but technically if you burned a lot of work papers and put them in a fire that would keep you warm at night too!
6) Busy women will ditch you a lot so grow a spine. Women will cancel on you because of work, so don’t cry about it. Up is down! Down is up! Women are busier than men sometimes! How will the human race surviiiiiiiiive?
Follow these rules or just watch Kate & Leopold. Same diff. Happy Valentine’s Day!